Author Topic: “Mary, Queen of Scots” Production News  (Read 112 times)

Gabby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
“Mary, Queen of Scots” Production News
« on: May 14, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »
Hello guys! Sorry for my recent absence, I have just gotten back home after traveling for the past month, and it seems I've arrived at a great time! (Nevermind the fact that I missed the release of Galway Girl - or Grill hahahaha - which still has me pretty annoyed). Anyway, here's the latest post I made on the fansite about MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS:

According to the website Royal Central, the film has a £180 million budget and it is set to film in Edinburgh, Scotland, over the summer. Read more: http://saoirse-ronan.com/mary-queen-of-scots-production-news/

This information was definitely new to me. The site's insider also said that dozens of Scots would be given the opportunity to play as extras in the film, and that it is set to be “one of the greatest historical films ever made about Scotland.”
"I just missed your heart."

jlent

• View Profile
Re: “Mary, Queen of Scots” Production News
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »
Hey, Gabby, we're taking that figure with a grain of salt. If true it would make it the 15th most expensive film in history. I figured once Robbie got attached the budget would go higher but this much is nuts.

Gabby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: “Mary, Queen of Scots” Production News
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 03:07:44 AM »
Hey, Gabby, we're taking that figure with a grain of salt. If true it would make it the 15th most expensive film in history. I figured once Robbie got attached the budget would go higher but this much is nuts.
Can you believe it didn't even occur to me that the number was too big? I need to lay off the politics news for a while.

"I just missed your heart."