Author Topic: Forum Suggestions  (Read 975 times)

Gabby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • I Heart Saoirse
Forum Suggestions
« on: February 16, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »
Hello everyone! I know some of you have been members of other online forums dedicated to Saoirse, as opposed to myself and the other girls on the I Heart Saoirse team. For that reason, I would appreciate it if you would let me know of any suggestions you have to improve our forum, including new categories or any changes that you believe should be made so we could have a more enjoyable experience.
"I just missed your heart."

CountJohn

• View Profile
Re: Forum Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:42:28 PM »
Even though I've started an account I don't have a button to start a new thread on any of the forums, just the "mark read" and "notify" buttons.

Aside from that everything should be fine. We only had one forum on IMDB so I don't think anyone's going to be too insistent on a bunch of subforums.

Gabby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • I Heart Saoirse
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:58:05 PM »
Even though I've started an account I don't have a button to start a new thread on any of the forums, just the "mark read" and "notify" buttons.

Aside from that everything should be fine. We only had one forum on IMDB so I don't think anyone's going to be too insistent on a bunch of subforums.
Oops! I've changed the settings, are you able to start threads now?

CountJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:59:45 PM »

Oops! I've changed the settings, are you able to start threads now?

Yes, everything's good, thank you!

Steve 7216

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 01:11:54 AM »
The forum looks great Gabby.  Thank you for establishing this so quickly.  Saoirse has dedicated fans on IMDB who've posted for years about her films and performances, and it's great to have a place where we can join those who've spent the time and effort running a site like this.

Also, thanks to Poetswan for making the crucial contact.

PMG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 09:04:33 AM »
So great to have somewhere to post. Much thanks for setting up this board Gabby.

Gabby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • I Heart Saoirse
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 06:44:58 PM »
The forum looks great Gabby.  Thank you for establishing this so quickly.  Saoirse has dedicated fans on IMDB who've posted for years about her films and performances, and it's great to have a place where we can join those who've spent the time and effort running a site like this.

Also, thanks to Poetswan for making the crucial contact.

So great to have somewhere to post. Much thanks for setting up this board Gabby.

You're welcome! I hope this serves as a good substitute for IMDb's boards. ;)

trvscrosley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 12:02:31 AM »
Just a quick question: Where are the forum time zones based? It seems like they are GMT at the moment. It looks like most people are based in North / South America so it might be better to switch to a time zone nearest to those just so we can get a more accurate time of postings to see if new posts have been made :).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:08:47 AM by trvscrosley »

trvscrosley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 12:12:39 AM »
Actually, just realized the icon on the left of each board is supposed to change colors based on if there is a new post made. Is anyone else not seeing the color change?

canvro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 01:35:42 AM »
Actually, just realized the icon on the left of each board is supposed to change colors based on if there is a new post made. Is anyone else not seeing the color change?

The thing I see is when a new post is made, a small icon appears in the end of the thread title.

Just a quick question: Where are the forum time zones based? It seems like they are GMT at the moment. It looks like most people are based in North / South America so it might be better to switch to a time zone nearest to those just so we can get a more accurate time of postings to see if new posts have been made :).

Also, for the moment I'm using this option http://saoirse-ronan.com/forum/index.php?action=recent to check on recent posts in general. Maybe this can help you as a temporary solution.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 01:37:47 AM by canvro »

trvscrosley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 02:10:18 AM »
Thank you Canvro, that works great :)!

Gabby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • I Heart Saoirse
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 03:51:54 PM »
I have messaged my host about this e-mail situation and I'm waiting on their reply. Thanks for letting me know!

Steve 7216

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 05:23:52 PM »
Thank you for looking into this.

MMSouth

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 10:49:54 PM »
Dear site adminstrators,

Is the forum back up and running properly yet?

I can only see a more or less plain text version of the forum without much in the way of formating.

Anyway, I'll see if this post loads properly.

Thanks,
MMSouth