Author Topic: Past Roles You Could See Her Playing? (From Any Era)  (Read 150 times)

CountJohn

• View Profile
Past Roles You Could See Her Playing? (From Any Era)
« on: August 10, 2017, 03:30:24 AM »
What are roles you think she could have been great playing. The time period doesn't matter, we're putting her in a hypothetical time machine. You can do roles you wish she played when she was younger too.

Anyway, for me-

Edie from On the Waterfront (the Eilis/Tony dynamic has often been compared to Brando and Eva Marie Saint in this movie)

Helena in Look Back in Anger (an outstanding movie/play, the kind of upper class character she works well for)

May Welland in The Age of Innocence (seems like vaguely similar subject matter to On Chesil Beach. An innocent, upper class character who is sexually repressed and constrained by her period/upper class manners)

Melanie in Gone With the Wind (I guess this could always happen if they inevitable remake ends up happening, not that that;s a particularly great idea)

Abra Bacon in East of Eden (the kind of role she seems to be wanting to "move beyond" now, but it would have fit her like a glove a few years ago an probably still today)

Helen Hirsch in Schindler's List (a very underrated role/performance. It calls for a lot of expression in the face eyes and that monologue with the long take of her talking to Neeson when she's sitting in the chair is a great moment)

trvscrosley

• View Profile
Re: Past Roles You Could See Her Playing? (From Any Era)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 06:16:07 AM »
I would have to really think about the roles I would want her in, but the one that comes to mind is Jane Eyre. It was one of my favorite novels growing up, along with Pride and Prejudice (in which Kiera is my absolute favorite in the role). I just can't get behind Mia Wasikowska, she always comes across as completely void of charisma and character. Though Saoirse might have been too beautiful for the role, I still think the amount of emotion and maturity she could pull through it would have made me love the film a lot more.

CountJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 10:52:28 PM »
She definitely could have been good as Jane Eyre. She probably won't ever do it due to an adaptation being just a few years ago, though :(

Gabby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • I Heart Saoirse
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »
I'll go with the largely known roles she auditioned for and lost: Luna in Harry Potter, Rey in Star Wars and Queenie in Fantastic Beasts. I realize there was probably a reason she wasn't cast in those films, but everytime I watch them I can absolutely see her in those roles. I think she would have nailed them, even though I enjoy the performances given by Evanna Lynch, Daisy Ridley and Alison Sudol.
"I just missed your heart."

BrazenRaisin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 01:37:43 PM »
I doubt any established film actors were seriously considered for Rey. Disney, to its credit, likes to use its tentpoles as launchpads for lesser-knowns. Even Pratt was best known as "that dumb guy from Parks and Rec" when he landed Guardians of the Galaxy in early 2013.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:41:38 PM by BrazenRaisin »