Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 900 times)

tarakate

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 04:41:24 PM »
When a person logs into imdb and searches 'Saoirse Ronan' for example, that search ups her ranking. It's just something I've noticed since the forum has been removed.

tigheman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 04:24:36 AM »
Hi all,  I am also from the IMdB boards.  Glad to finally find this place.  I first noticed Saoirse in Hanna but didn't see her in anything else until Brooklyn and then I went down the rabbit hole.  I caught up on most of her movies, watched all of her old interviews and then decided to spend a week in NYC to see The Crucible and do other stuff. 

She has a wonderful silent film quality and I love all the close ups directors keep giving her to display that talent.  I see she has 4 films in post production this year.  I can't wait.

Steve 7216

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 11:42:29 PM »
Glad you found us tigheman.  One of our posters contacted the individual who runs this website and asked if she could have a forum here.  She agreed and quickly established it.  We didn't have a lot of time to leave messages as to the move on IMDB, but we did post about it.

You're right on about her silent film quality.  In fact I've posted before about the greatest film actresses who have this particular quality and how it distinguishes the most sublime talent from the merely very good.  She has the quality in spades.