Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1574 times)

tarakate

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 04:41:24 PM »
When a person logs into imdb and searches 'Saoirse Ronan' for example, that search ups her ranking. It's just something I've noticed since the forum has been removed.

tigheman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 04:24:36 AM »
Hi all,  I am also from the IMdB boards.  Glad to finally find this place.  I first noticed Saoirse in Hanna but didn't see her in anything else until Brooklyn and then I went down the rabbit hole.  I caught up on most of her movies, watched all of her old interviews and then decided to spend a week in NYC to see The Crucible and do other stuff. 

She has a wonderful silent film quality and I love all the close ups directors keep giving her to display that talent.  I see she has 4 films in post production this year.  I can't wait.

Steve 7216

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 11:42:29 PM »
Glad you found us tigheman.  One of our posters contacted the individual who runs this website and asked if she could have a forum here.  She agreed and quickly established it.  We didn't have a lot of time to leave messages as to the move on IMDB, but we did post about it.

You're right on about her silent film quality.  In fact I've posted before about the greatest film actresses who have this particular quality and how it distinguishes the most sublime talent from the merely very good.  She has the quality in spades.

Tabby

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2017, 04:52:58 AM »
Hi everyone! I am also from the imbd board :P I remembered there was talk about a forum so I decided to find it now that Saoirse has so many upcoming interesting films  ;D

Steve 7216

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2017, 04:56:37 AM »
 ;D  Hello Tabby!  Glad you found us.  This is Steve.

canvro

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2017, 04:59:48 AM »
Hi there tabby, I do remember you from IMDb, it would be great to get as many posters from that forum as possible

winterbird

• Honorary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 05:08:28 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Lindsey and finally decided to join the forum (after Gabby's encouragement!). I have been a fan for Saoirse for a while now, and I use to be a coweb at s-ronan.com. When my old host went offline, I offered the content to Gabby (and the girls). After seeing Saoirse in Atonement I started to follow her career closely and I think she is one of the (or probably the) most talented actors of her generation. I'm super excited about Lady Bird (very excited about the Telluride reactions!), On Chesil Beach and all her other upcoming projects.

I think that's it. I'm bad at introductions, so if you want to know more please ask ;)
"I'm not indecisive, I just can't decide"

trvscrosley

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum winterbird, great to have you here :)!

MarkRoick

• Home is home.
    • View Profile
    • about.me
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2017, 07:01:07 PM »
Welcome Lindsey! Nice to have you here. We're an enthusiastic bunch  ;D
“You need to do what’s right for you and what your instinct is telling you to do, because only then, I think, you can be the best version of yourself.” - Saoirse

Gabby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • I Heart Saoirse
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2017, 04:31:21 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Lindsey and finally decided to join the forum (after Gabby's encouragement!). I have been a fan for Saoirse for a while now, and I use to be a coweb at s-ronan.com. When my old host went offline, I offered the content to Gabby (and the girls). After seeing Saoirse in Atonement I started to follow her career closely and I think she is one of the (or probably the) most talented actors of her generation. I'm super excited about Lady Bird (very excited about the Telluride reactions!), On Chesil Beach and all her other upcoming projects.

I think that's it. I'm bad at introductions, so if you want to know more please ask ;)
Welcome, boo! 💕
"I just missed your heart."